What is a Chamber of Commerce
Grand Hotel, Palmerston North, circa 1910
A Chamber of Commerce is a coalition of area businesses, industries, organisations, and professionals who pool their talents and resources to improve the social, economic, environmental and cultural well-being of their community.
Businesses and organisations are eligible to belong to the Chamber of Commerce. Membership fees are structured so even the smallest business can be a member.
The Chamber is an advocate and service organisation for business. It provides a venue through which business professionals can take effective action for the progress and growth of their communities.
Benefits of becoming a Chamber member:
• Becoming part of an organisation with a strong credible voice that speaks out on behalf of business and industry.
• Allows you to shape your community by participating in areas that apply business-oriented solutions to community concerns.
• Accessing one of the most efficient, effective networking systems available to promote your business and expand your customer base.
• Your Local Chamber of Commerce works tirelessly to promote their members and can provide you with resources and referrals to grow your business.
• Boosting your community image and increase your sales.